Monday 25 May 2009

Smoked tofu sandwich recipe



Smoked tofu is generally firm in texture and has a tasty smoky flavour which you can eat raw or cooked.

To make Chef Jeenas smoked tofu sandwich, very lightly fry smoked tofu on each side and top with salad on a fresh brown seeded bread bun.

Tofu does not contain high amounts of saturated fat and has zero cholesterol, so if you are looking for a great alternative to a sausage sandwich then smoked tofu is the answer as the taste is wonderful and is good for you.

On occasion we also lightly fry some mushrooms and onions and squirt a little tomato ketchup onto a smoked tofu sandwich, as it can taste really good.

Serve with some sweet red pepper pieces. Red peppers are very high in vitamin C and other vitamins.


Pictures of smoked tofu.




This smoked tofu contained sesame seeds which gave it a lovely flavour.



Use fresh tomatoes and rocket for the inside of this sandwich.




Making this smoked tofu sandwich


Gently fry the smoked tofu in a little oil on both sides - about 2-5 minutes.

Tofu does not take long to cook - just heat the tofu through and give the smoked tofu a slight golden colour to it.



Pat the smoked tofu with kitchen paper to remove any excess fat.

Stack the tofu on the bread and top with salad.



Start with tomatoes.



Top with rocket.



Enjoy a delicious smoked tofu salad sandwich.


21 comments:

Finla said...

I love the new look jeena, really good.
Neve rhad smoked toffu.
And then sandwithc looks super super delcious.

Parita said...

Oh my my..smoked tofu looks delicious..sesame seeds must have given lovely flavor to it? sandwich looks hmmmm mouth watering :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

Thats indeed the most healthy and delicious sandwich :)

Pooja said...

Love the new look of your blog Jeena :) Healthy, easy and delicious sandwich!

vanillasugarblog said...

wow! If anyone can make tofu look heavenly it's you my dear. I would love a couple of those sammies!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Never had smoked tofu but it sounds good. I love rocket or arugula as I call it.

Vikis Kitchen said...

wow, Jeena I am drooling here. What a lovely sandwich!

Pavithra Elangovan said...

I love this sandwich so much jeena.. looking gorgeous and yummy. Pictures are so colorful.

Pam said...

What a beautiful sandwich - the tomatoes and bun look amazing.

Cakelaw said...

Wowee, I have never heard of smoked tofu before - what a terrific looking sandwich. Love your new blog layout too.

Denise said...

Thanks so much for visiting me today. Your pics are amazing

La Bella Cooks said...

Jeena! I love the new blog design...its lovely! Can you believe I have never tried tofu? I know, it's pathetic of me because this reminds me I have been missing out. This looks fantastic!

figtree said...

I admitt it I was always a little afraid of tofu, this recipe makes me want to be a beliver !! YUM.Thanks for sharing Figtreeaps

amna said...

oh wow! that looks so chubby and yummy!

Yasmeen said...

Smoked tofu gotta be so flavorful,looks very appetizing in the wholesome sandwich:)

Manju said...

mm..love the smoked tofu flavor..never tried to do it home though. Great looking sandwich!

Sree said...

Wow!...Looks so good...I will try this

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Oh jees, this sandwich looks wickedly delicious... so healthy and a quick do sandwich!!!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Hi Jeena the new look is great!

Gosh this smoked tofu looks good, the sandwich must have had so much flavour to it - delicious lovely to have your mom over for her special day.

Aggie said...

Jeena, that sandwich looks amazing! I love that bread, did you make it? I've never tried tofu but have been wanting to. Will you come make me one of these?? :)

Eatiing Raw Foods Info said...

This sandwich looks great. I have had a tofu dish at a restaurant we like, and now that I see this, it's probably smoked tofu in it. I"ve never had it, but think I"ll try it now:-)