Sunday 3 August 2008

Coconut and Lemon Chicken Kebab Recipe


If you want to taste exotic Indian flavours with a zesty fresh bite then this recipe is for you.

Chefs coconut and lemon chicken kebabs are very easy to cook; they go great with yogurt dips or your favourite chilli sauce.

Chef cooks the chicken kebabs on a tray with some freshly chopped peppers; the peppers help to give the chicken kebabs moisture as they cook and they also taste very delicious wrapped into a tortilla along with the cooked chicken.




Ingredients for Jeenas Coconut and Lemon Chicken Kebab Recipe

3 Chicken Breasts (cubed evenly)
2 Red Peppers (chunks)
2 Green peppers (chunks)
1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
Pinch Turmeric
4 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1/2 Lemon
3 Tbsp Raw Dried Coconut (ground to powder)
Handful Fresh Coriander Leaves
2 Small Garlic (minced)


How to Make Chef Jeenas Coconut and Lemon Chicken Kebabs


Place all ingredients other than the chicken into a dish.



Cover and refrigerate chicken pieces for 2-4 hours.



Thread chicken onto metal skewers evenly on an oven tray with chopped peppers.

Cover with tin foil and cook in a hot oven at 200C for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.



Once cooked serve with rice, bread and sauce or yogurt dip of your choice.



Enjoy Jeenas delicious coconut and lemon chicken kebabs recipe.



Kebabs are so much fun to cook and can be very healthy for you.

Also see Chefs other kebab recipes:

Garlic chicken kebab recipe

Lamb tikka kebab recipe

Lamb seekh kebab recipe


Vegetarians need not miss out, as Chef has a meat-free alternative just for you; see Chefs delicious and very tasty Vegetarian seekh kebab recipe

Thanks for visiting Jeenas Kitchen.

Bookmark this food blog today!

27 comments:

Alex English said...

Looks really tasty Jeena. I really like all the spices in your recipes and I've tagged you for a Tree of Happiness award!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Sounds like a great combination and they look very colorful!

Sum Raj said...

hey jeena...thanks for the quick comment....ur chicken kebab is sooo mouthwatering and its very colourful...happy friendship day

Arabic Bites said...

WoW Jeena...
The kebab looks soooo Good..

Jenny said...

Mmmm, I was just thinking I wanted to make kebabs. Your recipe looks so great!

Swati said...

Colorful and lovely kababs Jeena..Happy friendship day!!

Anonymous said...

Jeena, Your an amazing chef and have got so so so much cooking talent and I would like to thank you for giving me so much Inspiration and motivation.

Your blog is packed with a wide range of recipes never seen elsewhere due to your unique style of cooking. I enjoy reading your recipes and am happy that I discovered your blog via a food event you recently did. Keep up the good work Jeena and we all appreciate your time and effort.

best wishes, Fredrico.

Cakelaw said...

Yum Jeena - you always come up with amazing flavour combinations.

grace said...

i love coconut and i love cilantro and i love chicken. you must be reading my mind. :)

Shreya said...

Awesome kebab.. coconut and lemon...really nice..

Unknown said...

hey jeena a very happy friendship day wow your chicken kebab looks so so so colour ful and perfect

Prudy said...

Again, this is exactly why I love to come here. This is exactly the kind of food that I love. I have everything I need to make the kebabs except rape seed oil. Can I sub it for something else?

Chef Jeena said...

Thankyou everyone for your lovely comments I appreciate the feedback. :-)

Prudy, I have a virgin rapeseed oil which is cold pressed, nutty in taste and used for drizzling salads or hummus etc.

The rapeseed oil I use for my chicken kebabs is tastless and just like vegetable oil so you can use any sunflower oil or veggie oil. :-) I would love to hear how it goes.

Suganya said...

Hi...
Chicken kebab looks so good. So colorful. Love it..... YUM!.....

test it comm said...

I really like the sound of the coconut and lemon chicken kebab.

La Bella Cooks said...

Wow! What a wonderful combination of flavors. Another great recipe, Jeena!

lubnakarim06 said...

Mouth watering pics dear.coconut lemon kebab sounds yummy

Cynthia said...

I really need to visit your neck of the woods so that I can enjoy some of your fantastic cooking.

Anna M. said...

Those look very tasty! I think I'll make them for my husband...he will love them! Thanks for the recipe! =)

Chibog in Chief said...

im drooling jeena!! this kebab of yours looks fantastic!! love the flavors!

Rosie said...

Oh your chicken kebab looks so delicious Jeena!! You've left me drooling once again Jeena :)

Rosie x

Unknown said...

Loved the combo of chicken,lemon and thoseyum peppers..Looks YUM..I see that you are from maine.I used to live there in southportland..beautiful place..Hope you are enjoying summer..

Stacey Snacks said...

Hi Jeena,
Thanks for the email! I will put your blog in my favorites! Love coconut, now I feel like making macaroons!
Cheers!

Paula said...

Wow, Jeena! This looks terrific. I don't know if I've ever seen raw, dried coconut. I'll have to look for it because this is something I know my husband would gobble up. Your photos are terrific; I'm a visual person and the step by step photos are soooo helpful. Great post! YUM!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That looks scrumptious! I love Kebabs and coconut! A great combo!

Cheers,

Rosa

L Vanel said...

This looks gorgeous, Jeena. Very inspiring.

Rachel Ducker said...

Coconut and chicken is a winner. The other day I did coconut crusted chicken and it was wonderful!

I bet the lemon with it though was perfect.

Again another great recipe Jeena!

Your blog was my inpiration when starting my own health blog!

www.duckeyshealthblog.blogspot.com I would love a foodie celebrity like you to visit!

Duckey x