Monday 2 April 2007

Salmon of the Day!

Today I went Shopping and to my delight when I got to the fish section there was a HUGE Salmon staring at me all wrapped up a whole fish waiting to be bought for HALF the price!!
For 4 pounds 50 pence I was over the moon - until I when I got home and realised that I had to bone and skin it even though I had NEVER boned and skinned a whole fish before!

As you can see this fish is huge, I thought that by the time I had finished skinning, boning and chopping that I would only have a few scraps of salmon left!

But I had a try and...........




To my delight I got 4 HUGE pieces of salmon along with some mixed smaller pieces and I got out nearly every bone! Look :)




So I coated the salmon in some spelt flour mixed with salt and black pepper and fried it up serving it with some boiled Bulgar Wheat and fried yellow pepper/capsicum, a red onion and 5 or 6 carrots chopped. It was delicious and my whole family enjoyed it!




5 comments:

healthyfood4you said...

Hello Jeena, greetings from Nevada, may I say that your blog is excellent.

I have been visiting you daily and your recipes are lovely, I have been making your special recipes for me and my husband and we have never been so healthy ! Your blog is great :-)

I will keep re-visiting your blog, all our family are very impressed, you know how to make good healthy and tasty food, it looks good and tastes awsome, we love to cook your recipes, your blog has changed our way of eating forvever.

I will be back !

Love Tammy and Taz ( Nevada city)

Chef Jeena said...

Hi there Tammy and Taz, I am happy that you like my recipes so much :) Thankyou for visiting - I will be posting lot's more recipes. Good luck with your healthy eating Tammy I am glad my blog is useful to you :)
Take Care :)

FH said...

That fish is staring at me too Jeena!:))

Dinner looks great,enjoy.I like Salmon too,so healthy.

Chef Jeena said...

Hey Asha Thankyou, Salmon is great isn't it :)

Anonymous said...

I am always looking for new ways with salmon. Thanks for filling in the gap.