Saturday 21 June 2008

Vegetable Curry Pasty Recipe


I cooked these delicious perfect curry pasties as a snack but they turned into a meal, why?.....Because we ate so many that we all were so full up we did not need to cook any tea later on!

My curry pasty recipe is vegetarian. I use only a few vegetable ingredients which compliment each other very well, that with the combination of spices and my perfect pasty pastry recipe just makes these delicious little delights taste fantastic.

It is a really simple recipe to cook and you can even cook the curry filling a few hours before the pastry as it will heat through in the oven whilst cooking the pasties.




Ingredients for Jeenas Vegetable Curry Pasties Recipe
1/2 Onion (finely diced)
1 Small Red Pepper (diced small)
2 Large Mushrooms (diced small)
2-3 Potatoes (diced and boiled until soft in lightly salted water)
1 tsp Tomato Puree
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder (optional)
Salt and Pepper to season
Jeenas Perfect Pasty Pastry
1/2 Egg Cup Full Water (only use more if needed)


Picture of boiled diced potatoes ready for curry pasty filling.



How to make Jeenas Curry Pasty Recipe


How to make the filling...


Gently fry onions in some oil.



Add red peppers.



Add all of the spices.



Simmer and stir well.



Add tomato puree, stir well.



Add mushrooms and a little of the water, stir well.

Do not add too much water as you want a thick filling not a runny watery one.



When all the vegetables have softened stir the cooked potatoes into the curry filling.



How to make Jeenas curry pasty


Take a small portion of the pasty pastry recipe.

Roll out the pastry into a long rectangle.



Place some of the curry filling into the corner of the rolled out pasty pastry.



Fold over the curry filling and seal the edges by dipping your fingers in water around any edges of the pasty.

There are various ways to make your pasty from the pastry.

See below.



Place onto a greased and floured baking tray.



Brush with oil and place into a hot oven at 200C for 10-15 minutes.



After 10-15 minutes take the tray from the hot oven and brush again with oil.

Place tray back into the oven for about 10 minutes or until the pasties turn golden brown.



Once cooked you can eat the curry pasties hot or cold.



Enjoy Jeenas delicious vegetable curry pasty recipe.




20 comments:

test it comm said...

Those vegetable curry pasties look really tasty!

Chef Jeena said...

Thanks Kevin they really were tasty. :-)

Lisa Turner said...

Jeena, I could eat these for dinner too! Lovely recipe, and I'm noting this pastry.

Chef Jeena said...

Thanks Lisa, the pastry was lovely and can be used for other recipes too, I'm glad you like it. :-)

Sum Raj said...

hai jeena....u have an amazing blog..i like the step by step picc u have taken....in every angle u have clicke dperfectly...and abt the event i appreciate, its nice event tht i would like to participate...i am in...ur recipe looks tempting and yumm...

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Suma, thank you so much for your very kind comment. I appreciate your words very much. I am happy that you enjoy my blog and pictures, and I am happy that people like you visit my blog. :-)

I can't wait to see your event entry, I am sure it will be as delicious as your recipes on your lovely blog. :-)

Jan said...

Hi Jeena, I have just discovered your blog, and those pasties look great. Sort of like a cross between Cornish pasties and veggie samosas. Yum.

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Jan, thank you for visiting my blog. Yes you are right! I also cook cornish pasties this way sometimes. :-)

La Bella Cooks said...

Ah, those look absolutely delicious. I am slowly venturing into the world of curries, and I think I will have to try this one. Thanks for visiting my blog as well. This curry post was perfect!

Chibog in Chief said...

oh my goodness all these photos made me drooooooooooool!! i could very well imagine all those beautiful flavor in my mouth! i love it!

btw, great blog event, i'll see what i can concoct to join this :-)

Anonymous said...

They look very nice and the great thing is that we can basically choose any kind of filling for it. My only problem will be to make the dough, as usual.
I will give it a shot, hope u have a nice day :)

Finla said...

Jeena they looks delicious.
Love thatu added variety of veggies.
It is a bit like our samosa but more veggies

Madhavi said...

Hi, first time here. You do have lovely recipes!!!

This vegetable curry pasty looks awesome, very nice recipe, keep rockin' gal!!!

Unknown said...

great click... step by step.... fantastic... yummy... mouth watering dish... nice entry...

Devi Priya said...

Yummy pastry! Nice photos and step by step pics...

Cynthia said...

Oh yeah, these would definitely be filling. They look really delicious, Jeena.

Bharti said...

wow..I have never seen such detailed pictures on any blog. The pastries look so delicious!

Sophie said...

This looks like a deliciously savory snack! I always get so excited when I see portable foods! Great recipe.

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

What a great appetizer or snack! I love appetizers for dinner! No need for anything else.

meenakshi said...

can i make pasty pastry one day before?