Thursday 20 December 2007

Apricot Honey Nut Cookies Recipe (Gluten Free)


This recipe is from my gluten free recipes index page:

My Apricot and Honey Nut Cookie Recipe is totally irresistable!

Not only is it delicious to people who can not tolerate wheat and gluten, it is also a very tasty cookie indeed even for people who enjoy eating wheat.

My cookies are soft in texture yet light and fluffy too, the honey sweetens the cookies perfectly and the apricot peices taste like sticky little jams in between each bite.

This Apricot and Honey Nut Cookies Recipe does not take long to bake so why not give them a go and taste the delicious cookies for yourself?




Ingredients for my gluten free cookie recipe:

2 Level Tbsp Low Fat Margarine
4 Tbsp Honey
10 Almonds (chopped)
5 Walnuts (chopped)
7 Dried Apricots (chopped)
4 Tbsp Gulten Free Self Raising Flour
2 Level Tbsp Skimmed Milk (or milk alternative)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract


Getting Started on Jeena's Gluten Free recipe (Apricot and Honey Nut Cookie Recipe)


Place your margarine and honey into a bowl and mix well.



Once mixed well add your choopped nuts, apricots and vanilla extract mix well then add your flour and mix well again.



Add your 2 level table spoon of milk and mix well.



Place table spoons of the apricot and honey nut cookie mixture onto a greased and floured baking tray and place into a pre-heated oven at 180C for 15 minutes only.



Take your cookies straight off the baking tray with a spatula and place onto a cooling rack.



Enjoy Jeena's Apricot and Honey Nut Cookie Recipe!




I hope you enjoyed Jeenas Apricot and Honey Nut Cookie Recipe.

What type of cookies do you enjoy eating ?

Feel free to check out my "gluten free cooking recipes" index page !



Thankyou for visiting Jeenas Kitchen food recipe photo cook book blog.

I update my blog on a daily basis and will have many more NEW gluten free recipes to post.

Do keep on re-visiting Jeenas Kitchen and do spread the word about my site by telling your family or friends about me as the more people who know about my food recipe photo cook book blog the more people can enjoy some delicious Gluten FREE recipes !!

Your welcome to add a link from your website to mine or to e-mail others about Jeenas Kitchen.

Bookmark my food recipe blog: http://www.Jeenaskitchen.blogspot.com

Feel free to make a comment about this recipe by simply clicking the comments link below, you do not need to be registered to place a comment...it is that easy !

See you again next time.

13 comments:

Peter M said...

Thanks Jeena...now back I go to eat more cookies!

Dried apricots are a great sweetener.

Sagari said...

cookies look deleciousss jeenaa

DK said...

iam so making these cookies

amna said...

These looks really simple. Just a question. If I don't have self raising flour, can I use normal wheat flour with some added baking powder?

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Dear Jeena
i loved your cookie recipe and the demonstration. I am going to make them here in Bostwana.
I am visting your blog for the first time and am much impressed.

Greeting comes to you all the way from Botswana from a fellow blogger and a cake lover for a happy Christmas and wonderful new 2008. Happy holidays.
Whenever you have time do visit my blog.

FH said...

Beauties!!

USHA said...

Hi Jeena,

After seeing your cookie snap my niece(3yrs) is telling Wow!!!its so delicious aunty....:))

Finla said...

Cookies are delicious.

Chef Jeena said...

You are right Peter apricots are great for sweets. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Sagari they tasted delicious too. :-)

Dhivya thanks for stopping by let me know how they go. :-)

Nags I have never made these cookies with wheat flour but I am sure they would be absoloutley fine with wheat flour and some baking powder. Your cookies always look tasty Nags I'm sure they will turn out delicious. :-) Let me know how it goes. :-)

Anamika I hope you enjoy these cookies, let m eknow how they go. :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog I sure will visit yours too.

Happy Xmas from England to Botswana! :-)

Thanks Asha. :-)

USHA that is so cute! :-) Thanks for stopping by. :o)

Happy cook they asted delicious too. :-)

Anonymous said...

hey Jeena !!
Lovely cookies, excellent blog and great step by step photo food recipe guide, you must have put alot hard work, time and effort into all this, keep up the good work girl as I will be coming back to visit you again.

Anonymous said...

Jeena and other bloggers!
These looks really good.
I will try them and then if they are easy and good I will take the recipe to the Teen Center and bake with the teens.
It's great that you have this site + the picture you are using helps a lot.
I've been Glutenfree for 20 years and bake all my "stuff".
FUn with new ideas :-) thank you

alisa said...

hi jeena, so glad i have found you! i have just recently been told i need to eat gluten, dairy, egg free for at least 3 months - and cound be indefinately - fingers crossed on at least being able to introduce the dairy & eggs back in. just wondering you have many recipes with margarine in them - what would you reccomend as a substitute? i know that i can use nuttelex or other vegan margarines, it's not that i can't eat it but rather that i've heard all margarines are just so bad for you. another is soya flour which you use in many recipes. regardless of my food intolerances i try to stay away from margarine & any soy products as they have such a bad rap. what are your thoughts on this and can you reccomend any substitutes? thanks!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Alisa,

What country are you in USA or UK?

You can email me at chef@jeenaskitchen.com if you like.

Thanks, Jeena.