Thursday 24 January 2008

Chocolate (Carob) loaf cake health bar recipe


This is an easy Chocolate (Carob) Cake Health Bar Recipe.

You can use chocolate or carob in this recipe. I use carob which is a chocolate alternative and does not contain dairy and is very healthy for you.

If you have never used carob then why not check out: learn about carob

Jeenas chocolate (carob) cake health bar recipe, does not need to be cooked in the oven. You will not get an easier recipe than this one and the taste is divine !

This is such a healthy tasty treat to snack on and contains lots of "healthy ingredients" such as carob, raisins, dates , almonds.

My chocolate (carob) loaf cake health bar recipe, is soft and chewy in texture with bits of nutty crunch and has the smooth flavour of dark chocolate from the tasty carob that makes you want more and more...

The measurements of ingredients in this chocolate (carob) loaf cake health bar recipe, give it a balanced taste that is simply perfect. Good healthy food can be made at home as you can see for yourself, simply follow "Jeenas Kitchen" step-by-step guide below:





Ingredients for my chocolate (carob) loaf cake healthbar recipe:

1/4 Cup Dark Carob Chocolate Pieces or use chocolate
2 Tbsp Low Fat Margarine
4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
Handful Chopped Almonds
8 Dates (stones removed + chopped)
2 1/2 Cups Puffed Rice
1/4 Cup Raisins
4-5 Rich Tea Biscuits (broken into pieces)

'Note... you can use (dark cocoa chocolate) instead of carob. Also any plain biscuit can be used if you can not get rich tea biscuits.'

Getting started on Jeenas "No Bake Chocolate Loaf Cake healthbar Recipe"


Heat up some water in a small pan, take a bowl that will slot over your small pan and place it on top of the pan. Put your low fat margarine and chocolate pieces into the bowl stir through it until it all melts into a chocolate sauce.



Once the chocolate and margarine has melted into a warm syrup sauce pour it into a mixing bowl.



Stir in the chopped almonds, Rich tea biscuit, dates and 1 and 1/2 cups puffed rice mix very well.



Add the raisins and the rest of your puffed rice, mix well.



Line a loaf tin with tin foil.




Pour the chocolate cake mixture into the tin, press firmly down with the back of a spoon.



Fold in the tin foil to keep your chocolate (carob) loaf cake health bar covered. Place into the fridge for 2 hours at the least.



After 2 hours your chocolate loaf cake should be set and ready to eat.



Turn the cake out onto a plate and slice.



You can keep your chocolate loaf cake wrapped up in the fridge for a day or two.




I hope you have enjoyed Jeenas healthy chocolate (carob) loaf cake health bar recipe, as it was simply bliss to eat,so good for you and so very tasty !

Check out my other health bar recipes from Jeenas kitchen:

Health bar flapjack recipe


********************************************************
I will be posting a "Saturday Kitchen recipe" again this weekend.....So if your online then do visit my food recipe blog !
*************************************************

Feel free to comment....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW jeena your blog is amazing :-)

I love this health bar recipe, Dates, Carob is so healthy for you. thanks for sharing dear.. Narinda

I will try this one.

Maggie said...

I've never bought carob before but now I think I should have a go at those bars. They look wonderful.

Peter M said...

Jeena, they look scrumptious and the read guilt free!

I made something like this but the filling was petit beurre cookies.

Finla said...

Jeena they are just delicious.
It wll be reall handy for the lunchbox for kids.
I don't need lunchbox, I can have these any time :-)

Ruth Strong said...

When I saw the first few pics I thought they looked like tasty grown up rice krispie treats, but after reading your recipe it sounds way better than that!!!!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Jeena

Wow...Beautiful array of pics!!!
Nice varities of recipes in your blog. Loved your baking recipes

Kribha said...

Carob is so new to me. I'll have to see if I can find it. Your bar looks YUM O YUM. You are just an awesome lady for coming up with so many unique healthy dishes.

wizard of Id said...

I would like to take these on a 4 day hike. will they keep that long without keeping them cold

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Bruce, it would depend on which country you are in and what the weather is like. If it is warm then they will probably melt. It is probably no different than taking a chocolate bar with you on your hike, it depends on how warm it is outside.

You could take them with you and eat them for the first day or two and eat something else for the last two days maybe?

I hope this helps, thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great time on your hike. :-)

Kare117 said...

Jenna,
I can't wait for to try this recipe. I am allergic to cocoa, so this will be a great bar for me. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Jeena, I love your blog! These bars look amazing! I can't wait to try them, but I only have carob powder. Any suggestions for using the powder instead of the chips? Thanks :)

Chef Jeena said...

Hi there,

You can not use powder instead of the carob chocolate because it is the chocolate that helps the bar 'set'.

You can use cocoa chocolate in replacement of the carob and it will turn out just as good and just as tasty.