Friday 12 September 2008

One Pot Beef Rice Recipe


If you want a tasty filling meal bursting with aromatic spices, fresh vegetables and bite sized chunks of beef then this recipe is for you.

My one pot spicy beef rice recipe is eay to prepare, quick to cook and delicious.

Do you not just truly love how mess free a one pot meal is? You just place all of the ingredients into the pan and voila a fabulous meal that is hassle free to cook, what more can a busy person ask for?

My spicy beef rice recipe is full of flavour and so very fragrant.



I use a pressure cooker to cook this delectable dish. Pressure cooking is fantastic for cooking quick recipes, healthy recipes, tender meat recipes and much more.



Ingredients for Jeenas Kitchen One Pot Beef Recipe
1 Rump Steak
2 Flat Mushrooms (diced)
1 Onion (diced)
2 Tomatoes (diced)
1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
1/2 - 2/3 Cup Dried Basmati Rice (rinsed)
Pinch Dried Chives
Pinch Dried Ghormeh Sabzi (or dried coriander and methi)
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
Pinch Kalonji Seeds
1/2 - 1 tsp Chilli Powder or Cayenne Pepper
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/2 - 2/3 Cup Water
Rapeseed Oil
Salt and Pepper to Season

'Note...A few fresh peas can also be added if desired.'


Picture of spices and kalonji seeds.




How to make Jeenas Kitchen One Pot Spicy Rice Recipe


In some oil gently brown the beef and onions in your pressure cooker.

Add spices and vegetables, stir well.



Add the rinsed basamati rice stir well then add water.

Place lid onto cooker securely.

Bring pressure cooker to full pressure then turn the heat on to the lowest setting and cook for 8 minutes.



Carefully place pressure cooker under cold water tap and release pressure removing the lid.

Stir in salt and pepper to season.



Serve with bread and yogurt dip.

Enjoy Jeenas Kitchen delicious one pot beef recipe.



For more delicious rice recipes see my Rice Recipes index page for more step-by-step food recipes.

17 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

dish looks very scrumptious and comforting! Rice and beef go very well together!

Cheers,

Rosa

Vani said...

I don't eat beef but that dish sure looks delicious!

Ivy said...

What a lovely dish. I like those pieces of onions which are visible in the dish.

Mary Ann said...

This looks so yummy! I love that it is all made in one pot!

Prudy said...

YOu have the best spice combos in town. I'd love this dish and the fact that it is one pot makes it all the better.

Dan said...

Looks delicious. I'll give this one a go.

Paula said...

I can't believe you posted this fabulous recipe!! I was just telling my hubby that I'd like to learn more about cooking with a pressure cooker, and then voila ... here's your post! This looks outstanding. I love basmati rice and the wonderful spices you've used here. Plus this is gluten free, so my wee one can have it. GREAT JOB Jeena!

Seena said...

Jeena,
Your version of Biryani?
How are u?

David Hall said...

Nice one Jeena,my type of cooking, no fuss, stacks of flavour!

Cheers
David

Maria said...

Love the spices and the one pot idea!

Anonymous said...

Jeena, this looks so good! I love one pot dishes - the are always full of flavor!

La Bella Cooks said...

Jeena, you always tempt me with wonderful, flavorful dishes and you had me at the first paragraph with this one. Do I want a aromatic dish? YES! Looks delicious.

Aggie said...

This looks delicious Jeena! I love that it's in one pot too!

Rosie said...

Oh Jeena this dish looks scrummy - I just know my family would enjoy this one :)

Rosie x

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Perfect fall dinner!

Sum Raj said...

this dish reminds of our indian biriyani...and hope this too goes well with raita..really looks delicious...

Jan said...

Hi Jeena
This looks so tasty. I dont have a pressure cooker, and wondered if the results would be the same using a slow cooker. Great blog! :)