Saturday 22 December 2007

Saturday Kitchen Recipe - Ginger cake cookies recipe



Chefs ginger cakes have a soft crisp shell with a soft ginger cake centre, the texture of my ginger cakes is just heaven and the sweetness of the icing gives this ginger cake recipe an extra sweet lift that is just perfect.


Easy to make and so delicious there will not be one ginger crumb left on the plate guaranteed.

Ginger cake recipe is truly a delicious treat for any occassion, so why not try them for youself and enjoy these beautiful little treats as I know you will love them.




Ingredients for ginger cake cookies

8oz Self Raising Flour
3oz Soft Brown Sugar
4oz Low Fat Margarine
2 Large Tbsp Golden Syrup
2 tsp BiCarbonate of Soda
1 tsp Ground Ginger



How to make ginger cake cookies



Place the flour, bicarb, ground ginger and soft brown sugar into a bowl and mix well.


Place the margarine into the flour mixture and rub the margarine into the flour until you get a rough bread crumb texture.



Take a litte pan and gently warm up the syrup.

You want the syrup to warm up and turn more watery and loose, do NOT boil your syrup.

This will only take a minute.




Pour the golden syrup into the crumbly ginger cake mixture, stir well until you get a very thick cake batter.




You should be able to make small balls out of your ginger cake mixture, it will feel a little sticky, the balls don't have to be a perfect shape.

Spread out the balls onto a greased and floured baking tray, the ginger cake balls should be approx 2 inches in size.


Place them into a pre-heated oven at 180C for 17 minutes only.



The cookies should be golden brown and puffed up.

Leave them for a minute then take the cookies straight off the trays.




When the ginger cookies have cooled down mix some powdered sugar with a few drops of vanilla essence and a little cold water.

You want a drizzling consistancy but not too thin.

Take a blunt knife and drizzle the icing from side to side of your plate of ginger cakes.




For best results eat when cooled and icing has dried a little.

Enjoy Chefs ginger cake cookies recipe.




I hope you enjoyed my Saturday Kitchen Ginger Cake Recipe.....

Ginger is a great asset in anyones kitchen, How do you cook with ginger ?

Please feel free to comment on my ginger cake recipe !

Why not take a look at my other food recipes...


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeena these look delicious, very yummy. you really have such delicious recipes. each time I look I find something else I love!

ruthEbabes said...

Oh yum!!!! Have these saved to try sometime!!!

Look and sound soooo good

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Nice looking mini cakes. Ginger is a great flavour.

Kajal@aapplemint said...

Jeena , those are really unusual cakes. First i thought they were cupcakes but later i figured where are the cups. Now i see its rolled. Hmmm interesting.Must give i a try.

Anonymous said...

jeena- i LOVE your site-- it is so well done. the cookie recipe looks so good. i can't wait to try this. i have been searching for cookie recipes all week. thanks for posting on my blog (www.myglutenfreeworld.com). i would love to do a recipe swap with you. if you don't mind, i'm going to add your site to my fav. links on my blog.

Rosie said...

Hi jeena,
Delicious!! What a treat for the festive season. I love the way you have drizzled the icing down the mini cakes mmmmmmmm. Great pics and one recipe to save for another day ;o)

Wishing you a Happy Christmas & New Year 2008!

Rosie x

Moderator said...

I love ginger and these little cake bites look fabulous! I also hope to have a much luck as you had with the apricot honey cookies. Thanks for the tips!

Viji said...

Cute they are Jeena. A neat recipe to follow. Viji

Anonymous said...

Jeena,

I am planning on making this recipe for a friend's 30th birthday. He and I are both crazy for the Ginger Cakes we have eaten at Colonial Williamsburg in Virgina, USA, so when I saw your recipe, I was very excited to try it. There is one question I have, and that is "What is golden syrup?" The closest thing I can think of that I can get here in the states is Karo Syrup, which is corn syrup and is available in dark and light varieties. Would that work?

Thanks!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi there, I think corn syrup would be fine in this recipe. Just make sure it is the golden coloured one which I guess might be the light corn syrup.

I hope you have a great birthday and you both enjoy the ginger cakes.

Feel free to check out my new cooking discussion forum here Click here for food recipe forum

and don't forget to check out my new food recipe website here Jeenas food recipe site

Thanks for stopping by my food recipe blog. I'd love to hear how teh ginger cakes went.

Jeena x

Anonymous said...

I found this recipe after trying Ginger Cakes in Colonial Williamsburg too! I had one and now I want to eat them again.
Is it possible to substitute Maple Syrup for Golden Syrup? Or would it cook differently that way?
Thanks for the delicious recipe.

Anonymous said...

Lovely recipie, such a short time in oven leaves them extreemly moist and soft. Perfect.