Thursday 5 April 2007

Best Mashed Potato Recipe !!

I am going to tell you the secret of making the best mashed potato in the world! Never eat lumpy mash ever again!
Does it involve secret ingredients??....No! Does it involve some new unique mashing device?....No! 'Get on with it then' you say so OK I will tell you! .........




Peel,chop and boil your potatoes with a pinch of salt until soft.



Now the secret!

Use a SIEVE and wooden spoon to paste your potatoes through the sieve.



Then add your butter or which ever ingredients you want for your perfect mashed potatoes! Enjoy your lump free creamy mashed potatoes! :)



9 comments:

FH said...

Hi Jeena,I love mashed potatoes.You can buy a Potato ricer to do the same thing,lot easier than this:)

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Asha,
Thankyou for the comment. :) Yes I have seen those potato ricers on the television but you can't seem to buy them in the shops here. In the UK people tend to generally use a masher and they don't taste as creamy and smooth with a masher as they do sith a sieve. :D

Deepa Hari said...

Hi Jeena,
I also cook mashed potatoes the same way...they taste great and healthy too.

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Deepa :) yes this is a good way to make smooth mash :)

Anonymous said...

sorry about the swearing but theose masshy potatoes were just mavelous

Shella said...

Jeena do you know how to make perfect hash brown potatoes. There's a restaurant near our home The Chor Bizarre & they always serve hash browns for buffet breakfast. Blv me I can never have enough of them but dont know how make them. You knowledge of all sorts of food makes me ask you this question. my e-mail ID is shellagrover@gmail.com

Anthony said...

Just dropping a line here so you know that people are still SUPER inspired by your recipes! Me included!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to leave me such kind feedback.

Please continue to enjoy the recipes on my blog.

Thanks, Jeena.

Samantha said...

I have just thought of a great use for the mashed potatoes! A vegan soy mince shepherds pie!! MMM!! Ever tried that yourself?