Saturday 1 September 2007

Coconut macaroons recipe

Coconut macaroons are a quick and easy recipe to make.

The macaroons taste moist inside with a light crisp on the outside and a delicious toasted almond on top.

Just the thing to satisfy that sweet tooth after cooking a wonderful meal.





Ingredients for coconut macaroons recipe

5oz Sugar
5oz Desiccated Coconut
1 Medium Egg
2 Sheets Edible Rice Paper


Whisk the egg, add sugar and coconut.

Mix well until it all starts to clump together slighlty.

You are not making a dough, it may look like it does not have enough moisture but it is supposed to look this way.

Line a baking tin with your rice paper (do not grease).




Take an egg cup or shot glass and lightly fill to the top with your coconut mixture.

Do not press hard or it will not come out of the cup, lightly place the coconut mixture into the cup - the cup does not need to be greased either.




Turn it upside onto your rice paper, your coconut mixture should easily glide from the cup into a mountain shape.



To give the coconut mountains more of a triangle shape use your fingers to gently mould 3 sides to it.



Add one whole raw almond onto the top.

Only lightly press on the almonds.



Put the macaroons into a hot oven at 160-170C for 10 minutes or until it turns slightly golden.

Take out and leave to cool a little.




Slice around the coconut mountains and serve.

Enjoy Chefs coconut macaroons recipe.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW JEENA THESE LOOK YUMMY..I LOVE COCONUT, GOT TO GIVE THESE A GO !!

MY KIDS WILL LOVE TO MAKE THESE TOO.

JAHEEN

Lakshmi said...

Looks yummy Jeena. I am a coconut lover too. Will try them for my kiddo next time. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Have a great weekend dear. Hugs. Lakshmi

Seena said...

Wow, Yummyyyyyyyyyyyy.............
coconut mountains!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Jaheen thankyou for stopping by my blog :)

Hi taste of mysore you are welcome :)

Hey Seena they certainly were yummy. :)

Latha Narasimhan said...

Nice pictures jeena! I prefer vegetarian and eggless!
I saw your link in sobila's blog, and decided to visit you!
Jeena your blog looks clean and I love the smile on your face!

Lissie said...

Hi Jeena, thanks for stopping by my blog. I see you have painstakingly taken pictures of each part of the cooking procedure. good work !!

the cookies and especially the kababs look sooo yummy !!! mmmm

Chef Jeena said...

Hey Latha Narasimhan thankyou for taking time to visit my blog :) Do come back :)

Hey Lissie thankyou for stoppingby my blog :)

SeeC said...

Oh Jeena, this is really amazing.
I will definitely try this sometime.
My hubby is a coconut freak.
Pictures are awesome.

You may wanna try out this
http://ensamayalarai.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

or check out my July archive for MeMe :))

BTW I have passed on an award to you too :) You deserve it.

I always loved the way you present.

Meera's Blog said...

jeena,i love the way you post recipes with pictures from start to end.very easy to understand.this one would be a fav among kids iam sure.thanks:)

Pdk said...

Looks very yummy.. do u have a eggless version for this ? using half n half or butter or whipped cream will work for this recipe?

Viji said...

Jeena, so the egg is only for coating or it is a must? Nice macronis. Viji

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

Hi Jeena,
many thanks for passing by my blogsite..guess what, I started the whole business just yesterday!!!..to be precise, the lstest addition to the world of cookery blog...and to your even better surprise, I might be a stranger to you, but its the least, the other way round!!!..Jeena's kitchen, is still one amongst in my favourite's list..just that, I have been a silent reader...but didn't have the mind to make any posts, as I didn't have a blogsite myself...I especially appreciate your step by step foto description...its way too easy to follow, if your read my first few posts, you will realize what sort of a person I was, just couple of years back.....and that makes me, appreciate even much more, your style of presentation!!!..anyways, will definitely keep in touch...
cheers,
sona

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

Love the recipie, Jeena..its my all time favourite..coconut cookies.....gotta keep repeating..your images itself teach the entire thing...
sona

Shella said...

look lovely