Monday 7 January 2008

Vegetarian Tofu Curry Recipe


Here is Jeenas Vegetarian Tofu Curry Recipe:

This is the recipe you have been waiting for as it is truly 100% delicious and is so very healthy and tasty.

The taste is divine and is a true winner in any kitchen.


I have put together an aromatic mouthwatering dish that is packed full of flavour and that will tantalise your taste buds and you too will want to cook this dish again and again, it is the perfect healthy dish that tastes so good.

So go on... and try this dish as the taste was outstanding.


Lets now enter Jeenas Kitchen and lets get cooking.





Ingredients
3 Inch Fresh Ginger and 1 Garlic Clove (ground with a little water)
Handful Mange Tout or Sugar Snap Peas
2 Small Carrots (cut into strips)
1/4 Turnip (chopped)
2 Small Onion
1 Leek (washed and chopped)
Creamed Tomatoes
Firm Tofu (chopped into chunks)
Water
Olive Oil

For the Spices
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
4 Small Green Cardamon Pods
1 Brown Cardamon Pod
Large Pinch of Dried Coriander Leaves.
1 Clove
Pinch Fennel Seeds
Large Pinch Chilli Flakes
1 heaped tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Garam Masala
Pinch Dried Methi/Fenugreek Leaves
Salt to taste (optional)



Getting Started on Jeena's Vegetarian Tofu Curry Recipe..



Place your carrots, turnips and peas into a pan and simmer until they soften then turn off the heat and drain, leave to the side until later. Take a small pan and roast gently your cumin seeds, green cardamons, brown cardamon and clove until they start to smell toasted, take them straight off the heat and grind into a powder(this will only take a minute or two).




Fry your ginger mixture in a large pan for a few minutes, stir.



Add your chilli flakes and fennel stir well.



Keep stiring add your leeks, then turmeric then the toasted spices that you ground earlier.



Drizzle some oil and add a little water ( go easy on the water you don not want a stew). Add your cooked vegetables keep cooking and stiring then add your dried methi leaves and coriander powder.



Pour in approx 1/4 cup of creamed tomatoes, stir well.



While your vegetarian tofu curry sauce cooks. In a separate pan fry your onions and tofu, cook until they are golden.




Add a large pinch of dried coriander leaves to your curry, stir well.




Now the tofu and onions should be ready.



Add the garam masala to your curry, stir well.



Add your tofu and onions into your curry pan, stir well. Cook for a few minutes.



Your Vegetarian Tofu Curry is ready to eat. Serve as it is with rice or bread of your choice.




I hope you liked my Vegetarian Tofu Curry Recipe.

Why not check out some of my other curry recipes here:

Chicken Curry Recipe

Chicken Korma Recipe

Chicken Madras Recipe


Lamb and Mushroom Keema Recipe


Vegetable Curry Recipe



22 comments:

Mansi said...

looks great Jeena!! nice color, and i can already smell the spices:) try this with paneer next time instead of Tofu and tell me which one you like better:) I bet paneer will win Big Time!!!:D

MR said...

too good Jeena as always!!
it looks so much like paneer!!

Sea said...

this looks really yummy, Jeena!

I bet tofu is just as good, just in a different way than paneer. :D

-sea
www.bookofyum.com

amna said...

i am not much of a tofu fan but i wud love to try this with paneer. looks very healthy!

Seena said...

Yeah, looks like paneer and a very good curry indeed!
I love that peas, and want to get little of curry just now!

David Hall said...

Tofu can be bland but in a fresh fragrant curry like this, wonderful! A nice healthy dish this, very nice.

Cheers
David

ruthEbabes said...

This looks great!

You always make me jealous of how you can take amazing pictures but still pay enough attention to the cooking so it turns out right too!

RUTH said...

What a great find your blog is. So many fabulous recipes. I look forward to trying some of them :o)

Padma said...

Lovely looking curried tofu, Jeena!
Thanks for ur warm welcome message on my blog and wish u & ur family a very happy new year!

Rosie said...

Hi Jeena, I've entered your kitchen like you said and don't want to leave heehee... I just want to pick up a spoon and taste all those wonderful flavours in your tofu curry!! Gosh it does look SO tempting and I'm feeling hungry......another great recipe and pics!!!

Rosie x

Anonymous said...

Yum! Looks healthy and delicious -- the leeks, especially, are a great addition!

Anonymous said...

Looks really delicious. I am always looking for vegetarian recipes to make for my daughter-- will try this one!

Finla said...

WOw i have never seen toffu looking so delicious. I once tried toffu and i didn't like it. But i am sure i will like them if i did your recipie.
Like Manasi said i think you would like paneer more.

Anonymous said...

Love your site, and yes I would love to exchange links.
:)

FZQ said...

I love all of the psices that you have in this dish. I can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures Jeena, Ur pictures make me drool over everytime :-)
I love paneer, and i also like tofu, not as much as paneer though. Tofu is bland like said earlier, but a healthier choice. I'm gonna try this flavourful recipe as it is with tofu sometime. Thnx for sharing dear.

www.monaafzal.wordpress.com

SteamyKitchen said...

Wonderful recipe - I love tofu and am always looking for new recipes.

Kribha said...

Looks lovely jeena. I eat tofu rarely. But it's time I include it in my diet.Your curry looks so colorful.

Anonymous said...

Made this today.. was delicious! You have made it so easy to follow the recipe.. thanks and keep it up! :)

CTPtrader said...

The best meal i have ever made!!
Thanks a lot!!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Charu and Zen,

Thank you for the great feedback I am glad that you enjoyed my tofu curry recipe.

Keep logging on to my homepage as I update almost daily with brand new recipes.

Thanks, Jeena.

tofu said...

This recipe is fantastic and images are delicious. I can't wait to try this recipe.