Thursday 27 September 2007

Zucchini Spiral Surprise

This Zucchini Pasta recipe was very more-ish indeed! Each of the vegetables are cooked to a savoury sweetness that was just delicious along side the spiral pasta and lets not forget the lovely Parmesan cheese! Best of all it only takes 10 minutes or so to cook. So why not give Jeena's Zucchini Spiral Surprise a try and taste the tempting flavours for yourself? :)



Ingredients
Spiral Pasta
1 Medium Zucchini/Courgette (halved then sliced into quarters)
1 Small Red Onion (sliced)
1 Small Red Capsicum/Pepper ( de-seeded & chopped)
1 Small Green Capsicum/Pepper (de-seeded & chopped)
1 Tomato (diced)
2 Garlic Cloves (crushed roughly chopped)
Tiny drops lemon Juice
Large Pinch Dried Parsley
Salt & Black Pepper
Olive Oil
Grated Parmesan Cheese



Getting Started....


Fry your onions in a pan with some olive oil then on a medium heat add your peppers then tomatoes.


Cook for a minute or two then add your zucchini/courgettes. Stir well then place a lid on and simmer for 5 minutes approx.



Now add your garlic, parsley, lemon juice and salt/pepper. Stir well then place on the lid again for approx 5 minutes again. Mind not to add to much lemon juice as you only need a little. Your zucchini is ready when it starts to look more transparent and becomes soft in texture.


Once cooked turn off the heat and add some grated Parmesan cheese into your vegetables. Stir into your freshly cooked pasta spirals.



Enjoy Jeena's Zucchini Spiral Surprise. :)



23 comments:

Moderator said...

Fresh, quick and easy - my favorite kind of recipe. Looks delicious! And I think the veggies would make a nice side dish without the pasta, too.

Pooja V said...

Wow..looks delicious. Step by step pricedure is so wonderful.

Desde mi Atalaya said...

Hi Jeena, This dish looks delicious, i will try to do it.

Soraya S.

Aimei said...

Hi Jeena

I love ur blog! i like healthy eating too cos' I am very weight conscious..but i love to bake as well. So, have to compensate for healthy, guilt free eating.

I've just created a blog recently to record my baking journey :) Look forward to trying your recipes!

Seena said...

What simple recipe Jeena,and tasty too...?

sdf said...

Love the simple recipe.. Will give it a try for sure.

Mahek said...

hi
Jeena thanks for visiting my blog
and special thanks for adding me to your blog too.
I have added you to my links too...
what is the type of food you prepare i.e is it typically british food?
I love to know more about food cultures and different places and so the question.
bye

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Rose yes you are right it would make a great side dish also. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Hey Pooja I'm glad you like it. :)

Hi Soraya let me know how it goes, thanks for visiting. :)

Hey Aimei thankyou for the lovely comment, I understand what you mean. I try to eat healthy generally but I do like my treats too :D

Hi Seena thanks for the lovely comment. :)

Hey Ani let me know how it goes, thanks for stopping by. :)

Hi Mahek thankou for the link I will stop by your blog to reply. :)

Padmaja said...

Jeena!! very vibrant and incredible dish!! Love those amazing colors in that simple dish!!
absolutely love it!!

Chef Jeena said...

Hey Padmaja thanks for stopping by yes it is very colourful. :)

Peter M said...

A wonderful dish and thanks for showing the "play-by-play".

PS. I've added your blog to my links

FH said...

Love all the Zucchini dishes, yummy Jeena:)

Lissie said...

yummy pasta recipe, jeena! lovely pictures!!

Foodie said...

I loved the spirals with Zucchini.
I am gonna try it and ofcourse the tea bread. Any suggestions for making it without eggs?. I have added your link to my blog. That way I will be regularly visiting your blog.
Hugs

Kribha said...

Another simple and healthy dish. Looks delicious and colorful.Nice one Jeena.

Nimisha said...

Hi Jeena ,
You have lovely site and the recipes are just wonderful.I love healthy food and you have them all.
Great work ! Keep it up.

Sharmi said...

waaw that looks so delicious.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeena, great recipe. I needed something healthy for dinner tonight. I'm out the door to get some veggies.

Maki said...

Looks like a great recipe to add to my zucchini list!

Sreelu said...

Hey Jeena, looks like a delicous dish. I love zucchini too

Anonymous said...

I've just decided, this will be dinner for me tonight, I already have everything in the house...my husband is in the States for a month and I'm looking for new no fuss meals to eat in the evening...I've done the cereals, now I'm looking for real food!
Ronell

Unknown said...

Jeena,
Thak you for having the best vegan recipes ever.Every one I have made has been delicious. You have a flair for flavour and texture and ptesentation.
Kat

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for leaving such lovely feedback.

I have 5 vegan recipe index pages at the top of my homepage on the right hand side.

Keep logging on as I update with brand new vegan recipes all the time.