Friday 10 August 2007

Almond Crumble

This recipe is just delightful! My hubby and I enjoyed it so much I just had to blog it. It is very easy and quick to make, you don't need it to set or cook. The smooth toffee taste to the eucalyptus honey and the lovely caramel flavour of the manuka honey sweeten this dish to absolute perfection! Raw almonds are packed with flavour and they compliment every other flavour in this dish. When you need a quick fix to a sweet tooth after a meal this definitely is it! You will truly believe the exquisiteness of this sweet dish when you taste it for yourself. Go ahead and give it a go. :)


Ingredients

approx 1/2 Tub Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp Manuka Honey(active10+)
1 Tbsp Eucalyptus Honey(mine was Australian)
2 Crushed Ginger Biscuits
2 Tbsp Strawberry Conserve
approx Handful Raw Whole Almonds(Chopped)

Stir together well your honey's and cream cheese, taste it to see if you want a little more honey. You don't need to whisk it just mix well. Mix your crushed ginger biscuits and chopped almonds into 2 small dishes.


Add your cream cheese/honey mixture on top of the crumble. Do it a small spoon full at a time, don't worry that it doesn't spread easy - it is not supposed too.



Finish off by adding a little strawberry conserve in the middle and a few sliced raw almonds. Enjoy this simple yet so very delicious sweet!



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeena- this dish looks yummy :-) I love this recipe. from Trigger.

SeeC said...

Looks yummy and rich Jeena.

Prajusha said...

jeena,
simple and delicious fat rich recipe:)

Sharmi said...

that is a new one to me. looks nice and creamy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeena, was looking up your recipe for Lebanese Veg Kebab. One query, what are Flageolet Beans, and if I cant get them here, is there a substitute?
Tks in advance, Mrs Singh from Malaysia

amna said...

i love almonds in almost anything.. looks good Jeena :)

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Mrs Singh thankyou for visiting my blog :) Flageolet beans are a french bean. I get mine in a tin from the supermarket. If you can't find any you could use Fava Beans instead or any other bean that isn't too strong in flavour. Flageolet Beans have a creamy taste to them. I am sure another bean would taste just as nice. I hope this helps Mrs Singh. :)


Hi Nags thankyou I love almonds too :)

Mansi said...

omg Jeena!! just the ingredients had my mouth watering, I can't wait to try the whole thing:)

its great!!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Mansi I'm sure you will love it, it was very tasy! :)

Swaruchy said...

Looks nice n yummy dear......:-))

Viji said...

Jeena, very interesting post. You play with cheese always. Viji

J said...

Hey that one looks delicious!

Poonam said...

Thanks, Jeena for stopping by my blog! You have a great blog here!

Suganya said...

Hi Jeena...This is a nice recipe.... Looing YUM!..... Healthy and Rich!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi there Sirishi Kalambi,Viji,Jyothsna,Poonam,Sukanya Thankyou so much for all your comments. :)

Kribha said...

Hi Jeena,
I'm just going thru all of your old posts. wow...I love all of 'em. Nice pictures. Really appreciate your effort and patience in taking so many pictures and posting them.

Unknown said...

hi jeena why dont you help me in finding puddings that too of mix fruits but the dish seems awsome and i ll try it