Wednesday 8 October 2008

One Pot Lambs Liver Recipe


Traditionally in the UK we cook lambs liver in a gravy with onions and mushrooms and serve it with mashed potatoes, sometimes with vegetables like peas on the side.

Eating lambs liver in gravy with potatoes is very tasty, however after eating Chefs one pot lambs liver recipe you will have a new way of cooking liver on your menu because I guarantee that the taste is amazing.

Unlike some other meats, when lambs liver is cooked and stewed it flavours the liquid in such a fabulous way that you do not need to add stocks or other flavouring to it, just vegetables and salt are fine.

Chef uses corn spaghetti in this recipe as the texture and flavour is slightly different than using wheat spaghetti, this lambs liver recipe is gluten free.

Lambs liver is packed with B Vitamins including Vitamin B12 and Iron.
Chef uses pak choi but any type of cabbage leaves will work in this tantalizing dish.

This one pot lambs liver recipe is packed with flavour, every single ingredient compliments the dish so very well, the textures are fantastic.





Ingredients for Jeenas Kitchen lambs liver recipe

1 Pack Lambs Liver
Handful Corn spaghetti (broken in half)
Bunch Pak choi (stalks cut into strips, leaves sliced)
1-2 Carrots (strips)
1 Onion (sliced)
1 Large flat mushroom (halved, sliced)
1-2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
1 Cup of water
Salt to taste

Picture of corn spaghetti.




How to cook lambs liver recipe with pasta


Take a large pan and gently fry the carrots and onions for a few minutes.



Add the liver.

Stir often and brown the lambs liver.



Add the garlic, stir well.




Add the cup of water.

Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.



Add the pak choi stalks.

If the liver pieces are too big chop at them with your spatula and they will break easily.



Add mushrooms and corn spaghetti.

Chop at the corn spaghetti using a spatula and a fork to prevent sticking.



Keep simmering until the liver and corn spaghetti are cooked.



A few minutes before your lambs liver is cooked add the pak choi leaves and season with salt.



Your delicious and healthy lambs liver recipe is now ready to serve.




Enjoy.




To see more tasty dishes using lamb see Chefs lamb recipes index page for more step-by-step recipes.



12 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love liver, so your dish looks very appetizing to me! Delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Maria said...

Never had liver and don't know if I ever will! Glad you enjoy it though:)

Prudy said...

Jenna:
It looks so good! But, here's a confession. I've never ever had liver and I'm a teensy bit afraid. Actually, I did have chicken liver when I lived in Chile and it was just awful. I need to grow some muscles and give this a try, especially with its inspiring nutritional profile.

Suganya said...

Hay Jeena.. this is a nice one pot recipe. Look so good. Nice pictures....

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Liver is the only thing I won't eat however you make this look so good!

Shreya said...

awesome one pot recipe. I love lamb liver, but it has been ages since I had it:-( This dish looks delicious and healthy with the use of carrots and mushrooms

La Bella Cooks said...

I've never tried liver before...can you imagine? This looks fantastic, Jeena.

grace said...

lambs liver, eh? i'm not sure it's for me, but i'm loving that corn spaghetti--what a great color! :)

Jan said...

I always cook liver the traditional way with onions, gravy, mash and peas, and I love it. This recipe looks like a great variation, so I'll have to give it a whirl.

Paula said...

Hi Jeena! I love your recipe! I've prepared calf and chicken liver, but I've never even seen lamb's liver! Is it similar to the other two kinds that I mentioned? I love liver pate as well as rumaki, so I'm sure I'd love this. We are big fans of corn pasta in my household. It looks so yummy in your photo! :-)

Jenny said...

Jenna,
I love all of the dishes you make here in your online kitchen. You are very talented!

Anonymous said...

Great website! Love the recipes.