Thursday 29 March 2007

Vegetarian Kebab - Lebanese Style Treat!


Jeenas Vegetarian Kebab tastes absolutely delicious.

It is Lebanese style because the kebab filling is cooked with a Falafel mixture.

You really will not miss eating meat when you eat my vegetarian kebab wrapped up a lovely pitta with your favourite sauce.

My veggie kebab recipe is so very tasty that you must cook it to see how you can still have that lovely meaty kebab treat but without all the saturated fat that a meat kebab contains.

Taste the delicious spicy flavours for yourself and get cooking a Lebanese style vegetarian kebab with Chef Jeena.



Ingredients for Lebanese Vegetarian Kebab Recipe
Half Tin Chickpeas
Half Tin Flageolet Beans
1 Heaped Tbsp Cumin Powder
Large Sprinkle Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Water
Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
2 - 3 Small Cloves Garlic
2 Small Onions
Sprinkle of Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Chickpea Flour

How to make a Vegetarian Kebab Lebanese Style



Blend the onion and garlic and place into a bowl.

Blend the pulses to a paste (it does not have to be a fine paste) then add to the onion and garlic, mix together along with the other ingredients apart from the chickpea flour.

Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.



Mix in the chickpea flour and pour into a hot oiled pan.



Let it fry for a few minutes then keep mixing it around until it looks like chunks of mince meat.



Keep stiring and frying the falafel mixture until it browns nicely.



Serve hot in a wholewheat pita and serve with chilli sauce, yogurt, salad or filling of your choice.




Enjoy Jeenas Kitchen Vegetarian Lebanese Style Kebab.

See here for my other Kebab Recipes

Vegetarian Seekh Kebab Recipe

Garlic Chicken Kebab Recipe

Marinated Lamb Kebab Recipe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This kebab was fantastic Jeena, I made it for my husband last night and he thought it was very tasty.

I can't wait to see more of your recipes. Megan

Chef Jeena said...

Hi there megan, Sorry I didn't reply sooner my blog has been playing up and your message didn't show up at first, but thats the internet for you :)

Thankyou for visiting I'm happy you liked one of my recipes - I love kebabs so this way I don't need to feel guilty about it :)

VeggedOut said...

Jeena,

I really dig this method for making "mince meat". The mixture looks like it will never cook down to the final product, but does so rather nicely!

Think I'll try using this in some Turkish recipes as well...

I'd throw a TB of lemon juice in there for the Lebanese version, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeena,

I am lebanese and today by hasard I saw your site, it is wonderful from you to put many pictures for each recepie, it is really helpful.

However, falafel is a wonderful Lebanese food, we eat it evening or noon but not as a main dish, but we do it in specific rounded shape and we deep fry it hence it was shock for me to see it this way!!

Anyhow, you have amaizing dellisious recepies, keep it up !

Regards

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what Flageolet Beans are? I've never heard/seen these before. Do u know if I can I find them in a normal grocery(US)?