Wednesday 30 July 2008

Healthy Rye Pizza Recipe

If you like wholewheat pizzas then your will love my rye bread pizza for sure.

I use my healthy rye dough recipe which consists of rye flour, wholewheat flour and flax seed powder for the healthy pizza base; for the topping I use fresh vegetables and brie cheese, if you want to be extra healthy to can omit the cheese and the pizza still tastes great. I find that Brie and Camembert cheese go fabulous on pizza because they melt into an indulgent creamy thick texture rather than stringy.

In the tomato base I add fresh chopped parsley leaves as they are very healthy and high in vitamins and minerals, you can use fresh basil or neither it is suites your taste.

Taste the sweet red peppers and sweet corn with soft melted cheese on my delicious healthy pizza recipe.

Ingredients for Healthy Rye Pizza Recipe
Jeenas Healthy Rye Bread Dough
1 Sweet Red Pointed Pepper (chopped)
1 Tin Sweetcorn or Fresh Corn (drained)
1/2 Leek (washed, sliced fine)
1/2 Cup Tomato Passata/Creamed Tomatoes
1 tsp Tomato Puree
Bunch Fresh Parsley/Basil
Fresh Brie Cheese
Salt and Pepper

Picture of fresh parsley leaves.



How to Make Jeenas Healthy Rye Bread Pizza Recipe



Take a piece of rye bread dough and roll into a thin flat circle slightly bigger than your pizza tray.



Grease and flour a pizza oven tray and place the rolled out rye dough onto the pizza tray.



In a small bowl place creamed tomatoes with fresh parsley. add the puree and mix well.

You want the tomato sauce to be quite thick, this is to prevent the pizza base becoming to moist.



Spread the tomato and parsley sauce onto the bottom of the pizza base.

Do not use too much tomato sauce as you do not want the pizza base to be too soggy once cooked.



Evenly sprinkle the chopped leeks.



Add the chopped peppers.




Then the sweetcorn.

Make sure the sweetcorn is not damp when adding it onto the pizza, dab try with kitchen towel before placing the tinned sweetcorn onto the pizza, this is to that the pizza does not become to moist.



Break pieces of brie cheese and evenly place onto the pizza.




Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper (optional).



Place into a hot oven at 220C for 10 minutes or until pizza crust it golden and cheese has melted.



Enjoy Jeenas delicious healthy rye bread pizza recipe with healthy oven chips and chilli sauce or eat as it is.


13 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

What a beautiful looking pizza!

Aggie said...

Thank you for another pizza dough recipe! I'm a pizza addict and am always looking for healthier versions!

I've never used rye flour, will have to try this one out.

grace said...

mmm...your crust looks crispy and crunchy and full of goodness! bravo, jeena!

Rod Newbound said...

Thanks Jeena, for your Rye Pizza Recipe. I've been making my own pizza for years using whole wheat flour. I like to bake mine on the grill and always have rave reviews.

Have never considered adding corn to a pizza, but I do have a recipe for sauerkraut(I make my own) pizza that's quite good.

I think the addition of a rye pizza crust will add a healthy touch.

Thanks,
Rod

test it comm said...

Now that really looks like a pizza "pie". It looks good and sounds tasty. I like all of the vegetables on it.

Padma said...

Beautiful and healthy indeed.... love the healthier version of having a pizza

Sum Raj said...

excellent and healthy presented pizza...mouthwatering and is very colourful....luved those corns..

Neen said...

I dig the idea of putting corn on your pizza.. pretty AND healthy!

Unknown said...

hi great pizza looks very tempting Ican get rye bread here but I don't know about flour ok i will search for that

Anonymous said...

Wow! Pizza is one of my most fav. foods, and that looks out of this world!!! AMAZING!

Unknown said...

Hi Jeena!

Great rye recipe. I sure would like to feature this recipe over at www.homepizzachef.com/blog.

At minimum, I'll let my readers know about it.

Great stuff, keep up the good work.

William

Anonymous said...

Great great ideas! I would love brie on any pizza. This dough is a nice healthy touch, as well.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pizza, we really loved it.

And there was enough for all of us, wife, son (3yo) and me.

Thank you for the great receipe idea.