Sunday 4 November 2007

Pistachio Nut Biscuits Recipe


If you like pistachio nuts you will love this pistachio biscuit recipe.

These pistachio nut biscuits are melt in the mouth lovely, they taste so very delicious that you have to be careful not to eat them all up at once.

In this recipe Chef cooks flat pistachio biscuits and pistachio nut balls.

French Sunflower Honey is used for this recipe which is lovely and bright yellow in colour and a little buttery in taste.

For the real buttery taste in this recipe you need to use butter rather than margarine.

These pistachio nut biscuits are easy to make, there is no rolling pin needed or special biscuit cutters, just your ingredients and your hands.




Ingredients for pistachio biscuits

4oz Butter (at room temperature)
1oz Light Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 Cup Unsalted Pistachio Nuts
6oz Plain Flour
Handful Unsalted Pistachio Nuts



How to make pistachio biscuits


Take the shells of the pistachio nuts and discard the shells safely into the bin.

Grind the 1/2 cup nuts using a blender into a course powder.

Now take your handful of pistachio nuts and coarsely grind them, put these to the side in a separate dish.



In a bowl mix the butter well, add the honey and light brown sugar, mix well.



Add the ground 1/2 cup powdered nuts to the butter mixture and stir very well.

Add a large pinch of the coarsely ground nuts, stir well.




Sieve the flour into the pistachio mixture, keep stiring well until it forms a pastry dough ball.



On a greased and floured baking tray roll the pistachio nut biscuit dough into little balls.



Take little pinches of the coarsely ground nuts and gently push them onto the top of the balls.



Grease and flour another baking tray.

Take smaller pieces of the pistachio nut mixture and make them into little flats in your hands.

Place onto the tray and again gently drop pinches of the coarsely ground nuts onto the top of each one.

Place both trays into a pre-heated oven at 160-170C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown in colour.

There will be enough mixture to make a few trays full.



Once cooked use a spatula or flat knife to take them off the tray and put on a colling rack until fully cooled down.



Enjoy Chefs simple and tasty pistachio nut biscuits recipe.



21 comments:

amna said...

Wow! Jeena, that's so yummy.. and as usual lovely array of pictures too. i am definitely trying this out some time..

FH said...

Love Pista dishes. Little expensive here but I love the color it gives to any dish. Great recipe for biscuits/cookies as we say here Jeena, thanks!:))

Kribha said...

Jeena,
what can I say? Looks truly delicious. I am a pistachio lover too and this is a perfect recipe for me. I'm bookmarking it right away. Thanks for sharing dear.

Rosie said...

I adore pistachio nuts!! Oh these biscuits sound perfect and they look SO delicious too - fantastic bake Jeena :)

BTW I have tagged you on my Blog :)

http://rosiebakesapeaceofcake.blogspot.com

Rosie x

Sagari said...

yummmmmmmmm biscuits look delecious

Cakelaw said...

Hey there Jeena - these look delish!

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

yummy biscuts...jeens dear, u have been tagged!!!..chek my blog..wud like to know more abt u, okies

Finla said...

They are delicious.
Love pistachios. When i first came to Belgium i didn't like the food here so i used to eat heaps and heaps of these nuts.

USHA said...

Wow Jeena....wonderful step by step process....i just loved the colour very much..looks awesome and rich also.

Thanks for sharing.

Seena said...

Jeena, I think am addicted to pistachio nuts. Recently had a BIG amount of sweets with it, during Eid holidays..:)
Can I make this in microwave? Soup, I will def. will try later..

Julie said...

I will definitely enjoy these Jeena, they look delicious.

Chef Jeena said...

Nags thankyou for stopping by, let me know how they go. :)

Hey Asha I'm glad you like my 'cookies'. :)


Hi Kribha let me know how it goes I'm glad you like my recipe. :) Thanks for stopping by. :)

Hey Rosie thanks for visiting, yes they were rally delicious. Glad you like the recipe. :)


Thankyou for the lovely comment Sagari. :)
Hi Cakelaw thanks for stopping by, they were yummy. :)

Hey Sona thanks for lovely comment. :)

Hey Happy thanks for stopping by I hope your OK with Belgium food now. :)

Hi Usha thanks for lovely comment they do taste yummy thanks. :)

Hi Seena I have never made this in the microwave but you could sure give it a go and let me know how they turn out. :) I bet you had a lovely Eid with lots of nutty treats. :)

Hi Julie I am sure you will love them, thankyou for stopping by. :)

Pooja Na(i)rayan said...

Wow . I make cookies during december to give all my friends. THis one looks yummy to give it a try

Finla said...

Jeena after living here for the last 17 years i love the food. Not all of it ... but most of it

Sum Raj said...

hai jeena,
that looks yummy huh..........will surly try this as one of diwali sweet.....

Shivapriya said...

They looks delicious.... Last week I made a batch of cashew cookies similar way.

Megan said...

I'll take two and a cup of coffee, Please=)

Unknown said...

Hi Jeena,ths is d 1st time iv visited ur blog....n it fels really gr8..I mst say all ur recipies r v.distinct n amazing..!! Also the lovely photos provided by u at various stages of d recipie make d recipie v.clear n easy..
Iv alredy added many reipies frm here to my " To-do "list..
M a gr8 fan of cookies,cakes n biscuits..n u hav a gud collection.N ofcourse these pistahio biscuits luk v.delicious,n recipie is so v.simple..!!
Want to try it 2mrw itslf..jst hd a query....can i use d normal white sugar instead of light brown sugar for these..?..pls lemme kno
Thnks in advance dear..

Best regards,
Meenal.

Devi Priya said...

Great work and photos Jeena! you are incredible!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeena, how come I missed you and your eggless baking recipes! I was going through the list and was literally jumping with excitement. I especially love these pistachio cookies. Will try it one of these days.

Anonymous said...

i made these last night and they're absolutely delicious! thanks so much for posting the recipe! i think i'll leave off the "dusting" next time because it's a bit too fiddly for me--and the bottom of the cookie jar is a mess...i'll just incorporate it into the dough before baking. thanks again!