Thursday 14 August 2008

Easy Spicy Chickpea Patty Recipe


My quick spicy chickpea patties recipe really is an easy recipe to cook.

You can use pre-cooked chickpeas or a tin of chickpeas.

If you love spicy bean burgers and bean patties you will love my spicy chickpea patties.

Eat them with fresh salad and rice or you could eat them on some fresh bread.





Ingredients for Jeenas Kitchen Spicy Chickpea Patty Recipe
1 Tin of Chickpeas or 1 Large Cup freshly cooked chickpeas
1 Onion (diced)
1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/8 tsp Kalonji Seeds (pinch)
1/2 - 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
Pinch Yellow Mustard Seeds (optional)
1 Tbsp Chickpea Flour
Salt and Pepper
Chickpea Flour (for coating patties)


Picture of fresh seeds and spices.



How to Make Jeenas Kitchen Spicy Chickpea Patties



Gently fry the onions for a few minutes until they start to slightl;y soften.

Add the garlic stir well for a minute then add the spices stir well for another minute then take off the heat.



Rinse the cooked chickpeas place into a bowl and mash.

You can mash the chickpeas with your hands if you do not have a masher.



Add 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour and the cooked spicy onions with a little salt to season.

Mix well.



Take some of the spicy chickpea mixture and roll into a ball, flatten slighty.



Place some chickpea flour into a bowl, mix a little salt and pepper into the flour.



Dip the chickpea patty into the flour and cover all over.



Fry in medium/hot oil for a few minutes on one side.

Only turn the chickpea patty over after it has been cooking for a few minutes.



Cook on both sides until done.



Serve with salad, bread, rice and sauces of your choice.

Enjoy Jeenas delicious spicy chickpea patty recipe.



35 comments:

Carolina said...

Hi jeenas, I like this recipe, your blog is fantastic for this puto yesterday that passes all afternoon watching your blog. I am of venezuela and now live with my husband in England and I do not speak English very well. I do everything with the google translator who is very good.
we remain in touch and I can send recipes venezuela for you.
thank you for this blog so wonderful .....
Carolina Alsop

test it comm said...

Those chick pea patties look good! Almost like a fritter. Nice and golden brown.

Unknown said...

I make patties with blcak eyed beans..Will try this recipe..Would taste great as burgers.

La Bella Cooks said...

Jeena, you have the neatest recipes! I think this would be a perfect appetizer or even a small snack. I love stuff like this and this looks delicious. I love chickpeas but I have the hardest time getting hubby to eat them. Maybe I can give this a try.

Jenny said...

I love a good "patty" recipe! Yours looks so yummy with those spicy chickpeas! I got into a phase where I'd make patties our of everything, they are such a treat! Great recipe!

Jan said...

They look absolutely yummy, Jeena. I love chick peas. When I first moved to the US and didn't know what they were I used to call them yellow peas.

Swati said...

Chick pea patty is lovely and delicious ...

grace said...

it's like an easier version of falafel, so i'm automatically a fan. gorgeous, jeena--nicely done.

Rachel Ducker said...

Hi Jeena,

These look wonderful, I love you step by step photos they are really helpful!

Its like an online demonstration!

Great recipe

Duckey x

Rosie said...

Hi Jeena, your chick pea patties look really delish!!

Rosie x

Anonymous said...

I love chickpea patties, and these look like good ones! Can't wait to try.

Aggie said...

These look great, and easy! I will have to look for chickpea flour, I've never cooked with it before.

Suganya said...

WOW... This is so good. Nice pictures. Healthy recipe too. So cool...

Sum Raj said...

looks cute and creative dish done with cooked chickpea. delicious snack with tea..

Cate said...

Mmm, those look so good. Printing out recipe now. Two questions though: what are Kalonji Seeds? And what kind of sauces do you suggest for these? Perhaps something sour cream based?

Ivy said...

Your patties sound great. I love all the spices you have added. We make something similar in Greece but with different spices and herbs. I am tempted to make a combination of these ingredients.

Camille said...

These look like a good alternative to falafal, which my family loves. I can see serving these in the same way as we eat falafal. I like the spice!

Susan @ SGCC said...

This looks like a great dish! It reminds me a little of falafel, which I love, only better! Can't wait to try it!

Uma said...

yummy patties. Nice instructions.

Mary Ann said...

Jeena,
Thanks for checking out my blog. I appreciate your comments. These look so good. I tried something like this a few months ago- Garbanzo bean Burgers, which were fabulous. Yum- I want to make these!

Bharti said...

Now that looks like an easy tasty patty! Lovely.

Unknown said...

Jeena, nice recipe and lovely photos.I always love to watch them with elaborate pictures.

Lisa Turner said...

Chickpeas are my favorite bean and fried chickpea patties one of my favorite was to enjoy them. The spicier that better. Delicious. Now I am hungry.

Prudy said...

I love chick pea patties and I make them with tons of cilantro and cumin. Yours look so yummy. I've never just had them on a salad, so thanks for the great idea.

Paula said...

Oh, Jeena, this is terrific! Believe it or not, I was just looking up recipes this morning for chick peas. I love your posts. The step by step photos are amazing, and really help teach how to accomplish the recipe. I love all these flavors! YUM, YUM, YUM!

Snooky doodle said...

nice and easy recipe. Thanks. I never cooked with chickpeas but there s always the first time eh :-)

Seena said...

Hi Jeena,
Y'day I have soaked some chickpeas and was thinking to make one like this.Mine is little different from this.I love to eat it as burgers.. :P
how are u, got my mail? :)

Shreya said...

Hi Jeena, this is fantastic! Reminds me of our 'wada' but using lentils. This is just perfect with chickpeas:-)

Nora B. said...

Hi Jeena,
I make chickpea patties regularly. Using chickpea flour as you did here instead of regular flour is a great idea for a gluten free meal.

Anonymous said...

They look like they'd be so good made extra big and eaten in hamburger buns, Jeena! Yum!

Katerina said...

These look totally amazing!!!

Jennifer said...

I just sent your site to my son's girlfriend - she is a vegetarian but they both love to cook and enjoy all different kinds of cultural foods - your recipes are colorful, follow through in every way - thank you! Jennifer

Anonymous said...

nice!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Jeena,

Great recipe, though i want to know if i can shallow fry them instead of deep frying? please respond soon as I am planning to make one for a small evening get together tomorrow!

anu

Unknown said...

Hi Jeena,

Great recipe, can I shallow fry them instead of deep frying?
Let me know soon!

Anu