Thursday 13 December 2007

Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognese Sauce Recipe

My spaghetti bolognese sauce recipe is vegetarian and vegan. It is meat free, dairy free and low in fat. When I eat dishes like this I can understand why people choose to become vegan and vegetarian as the taste is just simply delicious!

I use no added stocks or flavourings in my spaghetti bolognese sauce recipe, it is cooked from scratch, easy to make and is so satisying to eat that you will not miss meat in this dish at all! The vegetables and few herbs I use are enough to give this dish its wonderful flavour.

My spaghetti bolognese sauce recipe can be eaten with any spaghetti or pasta of your choice but it doesn't have to stop there, why not have some in a little bowl and dip in some fresh bread or spoon some over a delicious oven baked potato like I have here?

You don't have to be a vegetarian or vegan to enjoy Jeena's Spaghetti Bolognese Sauce Recipe! It tastes so amazingly delicious that you will forget half way through eating it that it is a vegetarian dish at all!





Ingredients
1 Small Onion (diced small)
1 Small Leek ( chopped)
2 Garlic Cloves (crushed roughly chopped)
1 Small Yellow Pepper/Capsicum (diced)
1 Small Green Pepper/Capsicum (diced)
1 Sweet Red Pointed Pepper (diced)
1 Bay Leaf
1 tsp Paprika
1 Tin Cherry Tomatoes
Salt and Pepper
Pinch Dried Basil
Pinch Dried Parsley
1/2 Cup Flavoured Soya Mince
1 Cup Hot Water
1/4 Cup Water
Olive Oil



Getting Started on your Vegetarian Spagheti Bolognese Sauce Recipe...


Drizzle some oil into a pan and fry your onions for a few minutes, add your leeks stir well then add your garlic. Keep on a medium heat add your yellow,green and red peppers/capsicums.



Sprinkle your paprika over and stir well. Add your bay leaf then tin cherry tomatoes, stir well. Simmer.



Now add your dried herbs with a approx 1/4 cup of water, stir then place on the lid and simmer.



Take your dried soya mince and place in a bowl, pour in your cup of boiling hot water and drizzle with a little olive oil. Leave the water to sok in for a few minutes, stir well then carefully drain off all the excess water.




Add your tomato puree to the pan of vegetarian bolognese sauce and stir well. Now add your soya mince.




Stir well and simmer for a few more minutes.



Now your vegetarian/vegan spaghetti bolognese sauce is ready to eat.



Enjoy Jeena's Spaghetti Bolognese Sauce Recipe with spaghetti, psta, bread or with a jacket/baked potato like we did, delicious! :-)




I hope you enjoyed my vegetarian spaghetti bolognese sauce recipe.

How do you like to eat your bolognese sauce, with spaghetti? Or with another food?

Which is your favourite bolognese sauce, with meat or vegetarian?

Please feel free to leave your comments!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeena,
I make the same dish minus the soy. I also put it over baked potatoes just like you! It's delicious and healthy.
I've added you to my new link page :)

amna said...

i wud love mine with some spaghetti. this is so simple and nice i want to try this weekend.

Sagari said...

your pictures make everybody crave for that recipe lovely recipee

Anonymous said...

Jeena that looks delicious and healthy!. btw, I've added your link to my blog.

Jenna Norwood said...

Hi, Jeena. Thank you for posting your recipe with all those great photos. Looks yummy! I went RAW a while back, so now I make raw pasta dishes. I feel energized after eating them rather than sleepy. Here's a video clip demo of me making a raw pasta dish. You'll get a kick out of my hat!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3v4RiU4yoqk

Have a wonderful day!

Jenna : )

Kumudha said...

vegetarian spaghetti bolognese sauce recipe looks so delicious!
Thanks for the recipe.

Kribha said...

I've never heard about this sauce before jeena. The end result was absolutely fabulous. Your family is so lucky to have cook so many nice dishes all the time.

Finla said...

Wow you have done it again a vegan bolognaise sauce. Looks really yummy.
I always eat mine with pasta never tried on potato. But sure i would love to try with the potato too.

Anonymous said...

Jeena- This is my first time to your blog and I am amazed at what such lovely recipes you have created, the pics are excellent and the recipes are so yummy....I could eat all your dishes,I will be back to re-visit you and I have booked mark your site.

As a Vegan we are sometimes limited to the number of dishes we can eat but you can create lots of lovely vegan dishes, you truly are a cooking queen and your blog is awsome.

Rosie said...

What a feast to the eye Jean!! Wonderful recipe and one that I know I'd adore. As always brilliant pics :)

Rosie x