Monday 28 July 2008

Gluten Free Jam Tart Recipe


Jam tarts are a comfort food, they are so easy to bake and ultimately tasty.

For my jam tart recipe I used my delicious sweet gluten free pastry and strawberry jam. Traditionally short crust pastry is used to make jam tarts.

The pastry is sweet crunchy and so very more-ish with a sticky jam centre; delicious.



Ingredients for Jam Tart Recipe
Jeenas Gluten Free Sweet Pastry Recipe
Strawberry or Raspberry Jam


How to Make Jeenas Gluten Free Jam Tarts


Roll out some of the sweet gluten free pastry 1-2 cm thick.




Use a medium crinkled biscuit cutter to cut circles from the pastry.



Grease and flour a jam tart tray or a fairy cake oven tray.

Place the circles of sweet pastry onto the tray.



Take a teaspoon and carefully place approximately one teaspoon of jam into the middle of each pastry case.

Do not over fill the pastry case with jam because the jam melts and spreads in the oven.


Place into a hot oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.



Once cooked leave to cool slightly before removing the jam tarts, hot jam is very hot so do not touch the jam straight out of the oven.



Place tarts onto a cooling rack until ready to serve.




Enjoy Jeenas delicious gluten free jam tart recipe.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are really simple. But I'm sure they are good.

Prudy said...

Oh, yummy! I can't help but think of the knave of hearts and I can see why he wanted to steal those tarts.:)

Jan said...

They look wonderful, Jeena. Your recipe takes me back to my childhood. The perfect nursery food. Lovely!

Sujatha said...

delicious looking tarts, Jeena! I can have some right now :)

grace said...

your jam is gorgeous! i happen to think that strawberry jam is the best jam, and you've certainly done it justice.:)

Anonymous said...

That vertical column of beautiful photos of beautiful jam tarts just looks great. It's making me want to rush off to a bakery for lunch!

Unknown said...

hi,thanks a lot jeena for visiting my blog and lovely comment jam tart looks so yummy please keep visiting my blog

La Bella Cooks said...

My husband would love these tarts! I adore strawberry jam, isn't it addictive? These are too cute and a perfect bite-size.

Viji said...

Hi Jeena after a long time. The tart is beautiful and your excel in your pictorial always. Viji

Arabic Bites said...

These tarts sound delicious & looks soooo cute!

zainab