Wednesday 23 May 2007

Jeena's Cheshire Pie

My hubby and me really enjoyed this delicious pie as it's been a while since I have made it. The Cheshire cheese in this pie gives it the gorgeous flavour and the wholewheat pastry gives this pie that rustic touch that fills you up and really satisfies! If you like cheese and onion pie then you will love Jeena's Cheshire Pie!

Half Leek(chopped small)

Half Tin Peas

2-3 Small/Medium Sweet Potatoe's(Chopped Small)

apporx 100g Cheshire Cheese(grated)

Wholewheat Pastry(Approx half the amount of butter to wholewheat flour) - click here for jeena's wholewheat pastry recipe

First cook your sweet potatoes and leeks together in a pan with some salt until soft. Then add half a tin of peas and drain.


Mix in your cheese and place filling into your pie pastry (that has been heated in the oven for a short time to prevent the filling making the bottom of the pie soggy).



Place the lid of your pie on with two small slits and cook in a hot oven approx 200C until golden and crispy.




When your pie is done you can trim the edges down if you choose.




You don't really need to serve this pie with anything as it is very filling. Enjoy this scrumptious Cheshire pie! :)

13 comments:

FH said...

Love the savory pies Jeena.Looks healthy and delicious:)

Seena said...

As usual healthy recipe! do post more..

Sharmi said...

yummy looking pie. must have had a great time.

Kajal said...

Hi Jeena,
Wow........looks yummy.........easy to cook and love to taste........thanks for sharing.........nice presentation.
Have a great day.:)
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suganya said...

Hay jeena this sounds different to me. This is looking nice....Nice demonstration...I love it..

Viji said...

Savory pie is yummy Jeena. Easy too. Viji

Chef Jeena said...

Thankyou everybody for your lovely comments for my cheshire pie :)

Meera's Blog said...

a must try!!thanks jeena:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeena! I just stumbled upon your site while looking for some recipes and let me tell you it's now on my Favorites! Just want to tell you that I love the way you do this blog with the pictures and everything, hopefully I will get to try one of your recipes soon as I love to cook as well!

Also I wanted to sort of make a request. I see you like to make a lot of Indian food, and you also use whole-wheat flour in many things. I have been looking for a recipe for whole-wheat Naan for some time but really can't find any that are good. Do you think you could maybe try this sometime and let me know how it turned out? Or maybe Naan is just meant to be the way it is! =)

Thanks and happy cooking!

Sia said...

i love pies jeena and this recipe sounds very simple to make them. i have not tried making pies at home but surely gonna give it a go pretty soon. thanks for the recipe:)

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Carolina Thankyou for leaving a comment I am glad you like my blog and recipes :) I would love to make a wholewheat nan for you, make sure to come back and see I will get one together soon :) If you need any help with any of my recipes just ask I will be happy to assist :)

Hi Sia thanks for stopping by :) I have lots of different pie recipes - they are easy to make and so filling and yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Jeena, I'll be sure to check back often!

Richa said...

hey, the pie looks YUM! using whole wheat pastry is such a healthy substitute to the refined flour!
keep 'em coming...