Tuesday 8 July 2008

Oven Baked Healthy Salmon Recipe



Chefs recipe for baked salmon is very easy to make.

Salmon is rich in omega 3 oils
see this health benefits of omega 3 page.

Only a few ingredients are needed for this delicious healthy salmon recipe.

You can serve this tasty salmon dish with Chefs roasted vegetables




Ingredients for baked salmon recipe

2-4 Pieces Fresh Salmon
Wholewheat Flour
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil


How to make Jeenas Easy Baked Salmon Recipe


Place the flour in a dish with some salt and pepper to season.



Grease a baking tray with olive oil.



Dip the salmon pieces into the flour, coat both sides of the fish with flour.



Place onto the baking tray.

Place into a hot oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.

You can test if the fish is cooked through by using a blunt knife or the opposite end of a spoon into the middle of the fish, if the knife comes out hot to the touch then the salmon is ready.



Serve my baked salmon recipe with bread as a sandwich, rice, potatoes and salad or roasted vegetables



See Chefs roasted vegetables recipe for the perfect dinner.

If you cook Jeenas roast vegetables with this this salmon recipe place the salmon into the oven about 10 minutes before the vegetables are cooked.

17 comments:

OhioMom said...

Now this is a dinner I can sink my teeth in ... I love salmon (but not the farm raised stuff) ... looks lovely with those roasted veggies :)

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

The salmon looks great with the roasted vegetables. So pretty and so healthy!

test it comm said...

That baked salmon with roasted vegetable dinner looks great!

Sum Raj said...

wooo...am drooling here cing ur salmon recipe.....and on roasted veggies.. this is very healthy diah that i can haev it any time....good entry jeena and thank u soo much for sharing it...luved it.. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks great! I salmon. and baked salmon, oh yeah.

Katie said...

Salmon + veggies = perfection!

I'm excited about your cooking event! I've been trying to enter a decent amount of contests to get my name out there, and for fun, too. "It's All About Memories" is a really unique and inspiring subject.

Indian Khana said...

Baked salmon with roasted veggies looks wonderful...better than any restaurant stuff..

La Bella Cooks said...

I love roasted veggies. It brings out all of their flavor and compliments any main dish. I definitely need to eat more salmon.
Visit my blog when you can, I left an award to you!

Jenny said...

This looks so good Jeena! Beautiful photos as usual!

Paula said...

Your salmon looks perfectly cooked and soooo good! I love that you used roasted sweet potatoes in your veggie ensemble! I love them and should eat them more often that just November and December! Lovely, lovely meal!

Chris F. said...

I absolutely love salmon. The only problem is that I never have enough of it.

Aggie said...

This looks great! I've been craving salmon lately, I'll have to try it this way!

Great blog! ;)

Vicarious Foodie said...

Healthy? Easy? Only a few ingredients? That's my kind of dish! Sounds great.

Prudy said...

Jeena:
Your salmon is gorgeous and I love that you used whole wheat flour. I cringe when I add white flour to anything. I'd really go nuts for those vegetables-that close up of the roasted carrot looks so scrumptious. Tell me about kalonji seeds-I've never used them.

Caroline said...

Hi Jeena,

Can i use spelt flour instead. I can't take wholewheat flour.

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Caroline,

Spelt flour will taste fabulous with this recipe.

Thanks, Jeena

chow and chatter said...

looks really good i would add some spices in the flour though lol