Tuesday 4 September 2007

Vegetarian Lasagne Recipe


Here is Jeenas Delicious Vegetable Lasagne Recipe.

This Vegetarian Lasagne Recipe tastes so good that as I was half way through eating it I even forgot that I was eating a vegetarian dish, so it goes to show that you don't always have to use meat to make a dish tasty!

I am so very proud of this dish it is full of so much flavour that you just have to say Mmmmmmm!

I am sure you will all enjoy this dish as much as we did, even if you eat meat you will find this vegetarian lasagne irresistible!

This lasagne recipe is really easy, healthy and delicious, so why not give it a go yourself....



Ingredients
Box Lasagne Sheets (I used egg lasagne sheets)
1 Cherry Tomatoes in a Tin
1/2 Cup Fresh Peas
2 Small Fresh Corn Cobs
3 Small Onions (diced)
1 Large Red Pepper/Capsicum (diced)
1 Medium Yellow Pepper/Capsicum (diced)
1 Large Flat Mushroom (sliced across then chopped)
Sprinkle Dried Parsley
Salt (optional) and Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Paprika
Olive Oil
5 Small Garlic Cloves (grinded/blended with a little water)

For your White Sauce
1 tsp Butter/Margarine
1 Tbsp Plain Flour
Milk
1 Small Bay Leave



Getting started on Jeenas Vegetarian lasagne recipe..


First cook your corn and fresh peas for 5-10 minutes until they soften.



Fry your onions until they go golden.



Add your red and yellow peppers and cook on medium heat. When they start to soften add scoop out half the cherry tomatoes out of your tin and add them to your pan.



Add your mushrooms stir well.



Add a little tomato juice from your cherry tomato tin with a little water (remember only add a little of each you don't want your vegetables to turn into a stew!)


Add a sprinkle of salt (optional) and black pepper with your dried parsley and paprika.

Keep simmering and stir well.




Now add your garlic, stir and keep simmering.



Add a little water with a teaspoon of tomato puree/concentrate. Stir well, your vegetables should not be watery it should be quite thick (if you did add too much water tip a little out and add a little more tomato puree/concentrate and mix well).

Turn off now as it is ready for your lasagne.




Have a pan off boiling salted water ready.

When boiling add 2-3 lasagne sheets at a time. Cook for 5 minutes - you want a soft texture to your lasagne sheets (never put hard sheets into a lasagne without cooking them first or it won't cook in the oven).




To make your rue/white sauce melt your butter in a small pan then add your flour and mix, add a little milk and stir with a fork or a whisk (this helps make a better rue than using a spoon).

As it thickens add a little more milk and a bay leave, add a little more milk 2-3 times only. Your white sauce should not be too runny in texture or too thick (pouring consistency).

If your sauce is a little lumpy strain it through a sieve.




Lay enough cooked lasagne sheets down to cover the bottom of your oven dish.



Spread over some of your vegetable lasagne sauce over the sheets.



Sprinkle on some sweetcorn and peas.



Pour some white sauce over and lightly sprinkle with some grated parmesan cheese.



Add another layer of lasagne sheets.



Add some more of your vegetable mix and repeat the process.



Sprinkle your lid lightly with grated parmisan cheese, pour the rest of your white sauce all over your lasagne top.



Spread it all over your lid with the back of a spoon.



Cover with tin foil and place on the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven at 180C. Cook for 20-30 minutes depending on how hot your oven is - keep checking.



When your Vegetable Lasagne is ready you can serve it with chips or eat it as it is.



Enjoy Jeena's Vegetable Lasagne!




31 comments:

Prajusha said...

jeena,
this looks yummy . wonderful pics! I always love ur step- by- step presentation.

amna said...

looks so colorful and yummy. i really admire the way you take pics every step of the way :)

Anu said...

jeena, such a lovely post with step-by-step pics...Want to dig in right now :-)

aargee said...

Thats wonderful and your presentation of each step is fabulous. Will definitely try out some time.

FH said...

WOW!! Jeena, that's lot of photos!:))
Looks great, my kids are not into veggie Lasagne but I would love it!

Padma said...

Now I say I can dare to try Lasagne recipe at home. I am scared for the long process involved in making this. But ur colorful photos are tempting me to try it out!

Chef Jeena said...

Hey Prajusha thaks for stopping by :)

Hi Nags thanks for comments :)

Hi Anu thanks for visiting my blog :)

Hey Aargee thanks for visiting my blog let me know how it goes :)

Asha you will love it I am sure :) Thanks for comments :)

Padma if you make the veggie mix first, make your white sauce as your lasagne sheets cook it isn't as long as you think. Let me know how it goes if you decide to make it Padma :D

Kribha said...

Looks so colorful and healthy. I'd love to try this soon. That's so nice of you to post all the step by step pictures.It's of great help.

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

nice pictures! the colors are so brilliant.

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Kribha I'm glad you like the pics :) Let me know how it goes I am sure you would make it great!

Anonymous said...

Wow ! This Lasagna is healthy and looks Yummy !!! Its simple too. Thanks for this recipe Jeena. Love your recipes and blog :-) Have added you to my blogroll

www.monaafzal.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

This lasagne looks so so amazing and tasty...Jeena you have a lovely blog and the pics are excellent... I am one of your fans !

Geeta xxx

bha said...

this was just amazing....step by step pics makes it sound so easy...

Anonymous said...

Awesome Jeena! I love the idea of corn in it. Great new recipe!

Deepa Hari said...

Hi Jeena,
Thanks a lot dear for posting the recipe for Vegetable Lasagne...It looks great...Nice step by step presentation...Now i can dare to make a Lasagne...Thanks to u...Looking forward for more interesting recipes from you...Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Deepa.

Dori said...

Hey Jeena...Very nice blog you have here :) I was never a fan of lasagne but this vegetarian version changes my mind, it looks delicious! Great pictures.

Rajitha said...

jeena- this looks delicious...love the way you have detailed the whole post...now where is that form!! yumm

MR said...

thanks for visiting my blog!!
love ur blog it is so much in detail pics of every step
too good!!!
will try the lasagne recipe

Viji said...

Jeena, lovely presentation. No one will have any doubts once they go through your photos. Appreciate your interest. Viji

Lissie said...

its been years since i tried lasagne! thanx for the recipe... those photos look fabulous!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Everybody thankyou so much for all your lovely comments! I wish I could reply to each of you but I have a busy day today :) I'm glad you all like my vegetable lasagne recipe it really was very tasty. :D

Rashmi said...

Awesome job Jeena.First time to your blog through your comment.I thought it is someone from India because most are authentic indian recipes.

Lot of recipes to try.I have bookmarked your blog.Will be visiting you again.

Keep up the good work.

SPICE OF LIFE said...

Great looking pics ...makes one want to take a bite immediately ...and the step by step photos really make it very easy to follow the recipe...

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

it looks really yummy, Jeena

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I love how you illustrate your recipes with photos. I look forward to trying your vegetable lasagna. Feel free to check out my recipes at Chef Tom Cooks

Anonymous said...

Thanks a ton for this delicious recipe. You have a very beautiful way of presenting it in your blog. By the way, my first lasagna is being baked right now and my wife and I can't wait to see how it turns out to be!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi there Kartz thankyou for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you like thios recipe I'd love to hear how it goes. It is delicious I'm sure you and your wife wil love it. :-)

Pavithra Elangovan said...

hi jeena lasagne looks so yummy and tempting i am going to do now

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna,

I just bought everything for this recipe! But I could not find tinned cherry tomatoes, so I bought fresh ones. My question is, will the fresh ones work OK in the recipe? And if so, do I need to take the peel of first? (Are the tinned ones peeled?)

Thanks! I'm looking forward to making the recipe!

Sharon

Unknown said...

how to make lasagne sheets i wanna make it home made so how do i make it??

Anonymous said...

looks yummy.i am going to make it for my husband's birthday.thanks for sharing the recipe :).