Friday 14 December 2007

Saturday Kitchen Recipe - Rhubarb Crumble

Here is my Saturday Kitchen Recipe - Rhubarb Crumble.

This recipe is so simple to make and takes hardly any effort at all, the out come though is a delicious fruity warm rhubarb filling with a crumbly top and caramelised glaze.

Totally more-ish and so indulgent!

I use tinned rhubarb for this recipe as it is an easy, simple and quick recipe to bake. Sometimes we want a sweet treat after our main meal that does not keep us on our feet for too long, this recipe is just that!

So why not give Jeena's Saturday Kitchen Recipe a go and taste this delicious rhubarb crumble for yourself.





Ingredients
1 245g Tin Rhubarb (large size)
4 Heaped Tbsp Self Raising Flour
2 Tbsp Margarine
2 Tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
Soft Brown Sugar (to sprinkle)





Getting Started on Jeena's Saturday Kitchen Recipe..... Rhubarb Crumble!


Place your flour into a bowl with your margarine and sugar and rub together with your fingers until you get a bread crumb constistancy.



Drain the juices off your rhubarb with a seive and place it into a medium oven dish.



Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of your rhubarb.



Sprinkle your rhubarb crumble mixture on top of your rhubarb fruit evenly.



Sprinkle brown sugar on top of your crumble mixture. Place on the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven at 220C for 20-25 minutes.



When your rhubarb crumble is all golden on top it is ready to take out of the oven.



Enjoy your Saturday Kitchen Recipe - Jeena's Rhubarb Crumble. Serve with custard, fresh cream or simply as it is!



We enjoyed our rhubarb crumble recipe with thick and creamy custard. :)




I hope you enjoyed my easy rhubarb crumble recipe!

Which is your favourite fruit to cook in a crumble recipe?

Also check out last weeks Saturday kitchen Recipes



Thankyou for visiting Jeenas Kitchen food recipe photo cook book blog.

I update my blog on a daily basis and will have many more NEW recipes to post.

Do keep on re-visiting Jeenas Kitchen and do spread the word about my site by telling your family or friends about me as the more people who know about my food recipe photo cook book blog the more people can enjoy some delicious FREE recipes !!

Your welcome to add a link from your website to mine or to e-mail others about Jeenas Kitchen.

Bookmark my food recipe blog: http://www.Jeenaskitchen.blogspot.com

Feel free to make a comment about this recipe by simply clicking the comments link below, you do not need to be registered to place a comment...it is that easy !

See you again next time.

6 comments:

Viji said...

Jeena no doubt apple and pear crumbles are my favorite. But your presentation is very educative. Thanks for sharing. Viji

amna said...

I love apple crumble. Have a very simple recipe that I follow for that!

Finla said...

Crumble looks delicious and withthe custard it is hevanly

Seena said...

Looks so inviting with the custard cream..:)

Pilar - Lechuza said...

I have noticed some changes in your blog since I last visited it. Nice changes, indeed !!

What can I say about your recipe? d e l i c i o u s.....

ruthEbabes said...

I love crumbles.... this post is making me hungry!!!!!